Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

St Patrick's Day Wreath

This has to be one of my favorite St. Patty's Day projects!
I got the inspiration from Rebecca Cooper's blog.



What you will need for this project:
an old book
green paper
buttons
yarn
a stapler
Scissors
Silhouette Cameo or shamrock stencil

Total Cost: $0 since I didn't purchase anything new, at most $2 for buttons, paper and a old book.

1: Decide how long you want your banner and pull out enough pages from your old book. I took a book from the hubby while he was at work and told him about it when he got home. Luckily he liked the banner enough he was ok with losing a book :)

2: Cut your pages to 5x3 rectangles, then snip a triangle out to make the points, I could have used my Silhouette, but I chose to do them by hand because cutting each page was faster than placing each page on the mat and cutting and repeating.

3: Using the Silhouette (or cricut) cut out 2 1/2 inch shamrocks for each page. I created my own shamrock, for that file, please email me. Glue the shamrocks on the banner, then add the buttons to the centers. (I used small glue dots to stick the buttons on)

4: To finish your banner, fold the top of each page over the yarn and staple in place. Make sure you leave enough room so you can slide your pieces along the string to adjust.

Wah-Laa! You are done. Hang it up and enjoy your new St. Patrick's Day banner!

3 comments:

  1. ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and festive. Great to see some updates on your blog. I check in all the time. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to do better with my posting... Hopefully I can do it on at least a monthly basis!

    ReplyDelete