Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Coffee Filter Wreath


What you will need for this project:
1 package of coffee filters, (200 ct)
1 large Styrofoam wreath (10-16 inches)
*I used a willow wreath from Dollar Tree since I already had it, so I just wrapped it with a long scrap of fabric*
Inkpad, whatever color(s) you want
a marker, pencil or whatever to help glue the filters on (saves your fingers)
Glue Gun
Ribbon, to tie a loop to hang

Total Cost of this project: $3

1: Taking a stack of coffee filters, flatten them with an edge hanging over the side of the table. Use your inkpad to 'distress' the edges, make sure you are thorough, you don't want to miss any filters. Turn the filters and continue to distress the entire edge of the filters.

2: Put your ribbon around the wreath, and create a loop to hang it. The loop will end up being covered by the filters unless you make it a huge loop.

3: Take 1 filter and center it on the marker, on the end, put a dab of glue and stick it to your wreath. I started with the outermost edge and did several rows, then worked from the inside. Leave the middle for last, it seemed to work out pretty well for me.

I loved this project, I was surprised by the size of the finished wreath. It was meant to go on my front door, but there wasn't enough room between the door and the screen door, so it now sits gracefully above my kitchen table.

No comments:

Post a Comment